Well we made it, and when they say "it'll get worse before it gets any better," they're right.
2:40pm Sunday we take off for Germany--The first 5 hours of the plane ride we're manageable. Ava watched a few videos and did a few activities from her magical suitcase; (thanks to Robin). Max played and entertained everyone in the back of the airplane and we all had snacks and dinner. There were few tears, just very busy babies....busy making laps around the airplane, busy going from mommy to daddy, busy busy busy. Time seemed to fly... Then at one point I asked Matthias "how many more hours?" and he replied "4", then again I said....they're right...
Both of them finally slept for 1 1\2 hours in two seats, Ava's and mine. Then 1 1\2 hours through customs, baggage claim and getting our rental car.....we were TOAST!!!
7:30am in Germany, 1:30am for our bodies....and Omi 3 1\2 hours away....we hit the road. Or should I say, Matthias hit the road running through Frankfurt morning traffic, snow and rain, while Ava, Max and I slept. Finally to arrive to an excited Omi, Uncle Stefan and Gerd....then I knew in my heart....we had done just fine, it all was much better now!!!
Max and I went straight for a nap while Ava destroyed Omi's living room with all the toys and Matthias ran to Ulm with Stefan. Then we had a wonderful dinner with the family and Gerd's son Thomas and his friend Johnathan.
Then we met a friend at a local pub, had one more short nap and played with the kids till 12am(Germany time)---then much to my surprise we all slept through the night...
Long Long Long day, but oh so worth it!!
Today, we played tennis with Stefan. Had lunch and visited with my UK girlfriend Lisa. This afternoon Matthias and Stefan played golf at Matthias' old golf club. While the kids and I hung out with Omi and relaxed.
It's really cold here, a different cold....its about 40 and feels WONDERFUL and fresh, not sure why I guess its the air coming down from the Alps, I LOVE it!! Absolutely Love it!
Now you know the story of our journey, check out the pictures from my new camera....still figuring it out, but so much better.
Today is Wed, not sure what we'll do....Ava may go to a little school for the morning, we'll see!
Tchsuess!!
2 comments:
I am so jealous! I was waiting for pictures!!! These are really good. You look fresh and well rested. Not sure how you did that but I need to find out.
Have fun!
Those are two tired kids! I was jsut thinking how great it will be when thye are a little olde rand you wont have the strollers, car seats, etc...still such a great experience for the kids!
Post a Comment